Wednesday 31 August 2011

What is the average cost of getting wisdom teeth removed?

 I would recommend carefully considering the need for sedation, which our Marin, California dentist was trying to "sell" us at around $500! My kid had three teeth that were not impacted and one that was slightly. We refused the sell job on the sedation and my son said the procedure was nothing to worry about. It took 20 minutes and we saved a lot. I'm also pretty sure that sedation is not covered by many insurance companies. It is probably because it is not necessary. Let's face it, if you have impacted teeth and are going to be sitting there with your mouth open for an hour or more, then maybe sedation is the way to go. If not, don't be sold on something that is not necessary. I was shocked at the line of BS we were given to try and get us to go for the $500 pop. Unethical in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment